Support the LGBTQ+ community and earn bonus credit card rewards.
- You can support LGBTQ+ rights by donating to organizations that make a difference.
- When you use your United credit card to donate during June, you could earn additional reward miles.
June is here, which means it’s Pride Month. In addition to celebrating the community, it’s the perfect opportunity to donate to organizations that support equality. And if you have a United credit card, you may be able to earn extra credit card miles when you use your card to donate to organizations that promote inclusion.
United Airlines, Chase, and Visa want to encourage cardmembers to donate to select nonprofit organizations by offering bonus rewards. Cardholders who give back to one of three select organizations can earn 5 miles for every dollar they donate on up to $1,000 per card. Read on to find out more.
From June 1 through June 30, 2022, use your United credit card to donate to one of the following organizations and earn 5 miles per $1 donated. This applies to donations of up to $1,000 per eligible credit card.
This promotion doesn’t apply to just any nonprofit. However, it applies to three organizations that are making a big difference. Here are the organizations that are eligible and their missions.
- The Trevor Project: The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ+ youth. The organization provides 24/7 counseling via phone, text, and chat.
- The Human Rights Campaign: This organization wants all LGBTQ+ people to be treated as full and equal citizens. The Human Rights Campaign has over 3 million supporters and members.
- StartOut: StartOut champions LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs. The nonprofit promotes equal access so that LGBTQ+ community members can lead, succeed, and shape the workforce of the future.
Use a United credit card to donate
Both consumer and business credit cards are eligible.
You can use any of the following United credit cards to make your donation:
After you donate, the miles will be deposited in your MileagePlus account within eight weeks.
Make a difference during Pride Month
This is an excellent opportunity to help organizations that make a difference. We have the power to decide what we do with our money, and supporting important causes is one choice that we can make.
You can champion the LGBTQ+ community this June and earn extra MileagePlus miles. If you’re a frequent United Airlines flier, opening a United Airlines credit card may make sense if you want to earn miles on flights and other purchases.
If you’re loyal to another airline, review our best airline credit cards list to learn more about other credit cards that will earn you miles. You could redeem miles for free flights.
Top credit card wipes out interest until 2023
If you have credit card debt, transferring it to this top balance transfer card secures you a 0% intro APR into 2023! Plus, you’ll pay no annual fee. Those are just a few reasons why our experts rate this card as a top pick to help get control of your debt. Read our full review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.